Thursday, September 17, 2015

What is my Purpose

I believe that everyone is put on this earth for a reason.  Most people don't know the reason for their existence but I believe that people will realize what theirs is at some point in their lifetime.  I hope that one day I will find my reason for existence by living my life the way I want.

In my life I want to be successful, loved, and happy; although, most human beings don't have all three.  Going to school and learning about mandatory subjects isn't how I want to spend the first eighteen years of my life, but I suppose it is necessary.  In college you get to take classes that you find interesting, this is where I appreciate education.  I love to make new friends and experience new things so going to college is something that I would really love to do.

Everyone wants to be loved whether it is by siblings, parents, a spouse, or friends.  I hope that in my future I will be able to receive it.  Being able to love is also something that I want in my life.  I want to be able to love my hypothetical children and future family.  Without it, I wonder what happened in my life to fill that void.

It doesn't take much for me to be happy.  In my lifetime I would need love and success because that is what I have experienced my entire childhood and living without it is unimaginable.  Everyone has different goals or interests that are enough for them.  For me it is self satisfaction.  I want to have my own business doing something that I love, I want to be able to help people, I want to be able to provide for myself, and I want to have a wonderful family and great friends.  Overall these are my goals in life, what I want out of it.

Whether my reason for existence is to become a mother or the president, whatever it is I would hope that I realize it by the end of my life.  If I die young, then my reason for existence was to teach the people close to me how to appreciate life.  If I die old, then I fulfilled my reason for existence.  I may have multiple reasons to be on this earth but until I am on my death bed I will not know.


1 comment:

  1. Love your positive view. We'll talk a lot about the concept of love this semester, especially when we get to our final book. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete