Sunday, November 29, 2015
Seeing the world
I never realized how lucky I am to travel the world. Some families never travel or even leave the country, but seeing new places and experiencing new cultures has enriched my life in so many ways. I am so thankful that my parents want my brother and I to see the world. The first time I went out of the country was when I was in fourth grade. My mom had an office in Hong Kong so she brought me and my brother with her on one of her trips. Even though it was so long ago I remember so much about it because Hong Kong is nothing like anywhere else I have ever been. I saw the big buddha, walked through the crowded merchant streets, went to the Disneyland that had absolutely no one there; I experienced a new culture. This aspect of traveling and seeing what makes a place unique isn't something I get to do everyday which makes it special. Paris, Hong Kong, and New York are very different even though they are all well known cities. Tavarua, Costa Rica, and Hawaii are very different even though they all have tropical beaches. I would be a really different person if I wasn't ever exposed to other cultures and I am so grateful for being able to have these experiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment